Digital magazine and books are becoming popular nowadays, with its advanced features readers can enjoy reading their favorite magazine and books with devices such as smartphones and tablet which makes reading easier and convenient. Readers are now patronizing this publishing platform mainly because it is much cheaper and lighter than the cumbersome and bulky printed one. Digital magazines have become essential to businesses because of the need to attract online visitors.
Behind the success of published digital magazines, brochures, catalogs, and books are the publishers that use a digital magazine software such as flipbook to give subscribers the feeling of reading a printed magazine or book by flipping the page by swiping a finger. Flipbooks provide a familiar look and intuitive navigation to the readers. It also has a better virtual representation of ideas and are environmental friendly. Digital publishers use flipbook software to give additional features to their content.
Flippingbook is a digital magazine maker that allows the user to create not only books, but also catalogs, brochures, photo albums, and documents. It can convert documents such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and more; it also have an inbuilt skin editor to alter the look and feel of the document.
- Users can manage the size of the output file by choosing the quality conversion when importing a PDF file.
- Offers versatile preview option which allows the user to see content on different devices.
- Realistic and beautiful presentation of page turning
- Have customizable flipbook appearance
- Users can choose the type of content they like to create and offered a various pre-created templates.
- There is a page limit for each publication in the trail version
- Doesn’t provide other publishing options
Flipsnack is a digital magazine software that can convert pdf files into online flip books and features elegant interface that provide a great user experience. It supports rich media such as music and videos, and lets users embed their publications into websites and social media sites.
- Multiplatform – making ing a printed magaccessible to any device.
- SEO friendly – increases the popularity of a website with backlinks for people to quickly find books on the web.
- Instant Online Sales – let users shop directly from the virtual pages of a flipbook
- Offers additional sound, video and other media that will enhance the reading experience.
- Has a collection of templates and images
- Users can choose to upload a pdf file to convert or create from scratch.
- Some advanced features are locked for free users.
3. Inspiring Visuals
Helps users create engaging 3D book easily and produce various interactions such as a flipbook.
- An integrated library that illustrates material in an original way.
- Have design options that customize the look and fell of 3D books.
- Publishes flipbook in HTML5 format
- No possibility to upload a PDF file
- Trial version only lasts for 30 days
Yumpu, the most popular online digital magazine maker that promotes ad-free PDF to flipbook converter, and provides sufficient PDF conversion and sharing. Yumpu allows publishers to post a link to pages on Facebook and Twitter, send links via e-mail and embed books or magazines in their own website. They also create SEO-friendly magazines for other search engines.
- Offers free for life PDF to flipbook converter
- No limitations on the number of magazines and pages
- Allows users to embed the whole ebook into a website
- No preview option
- Users won’t be able to save the whole project at once
- No simulation of turning pages
- System requires credit card data before starting a trial
An excellent digital magazine software that offers a versatile solution which provides ways you can author a variety of publishing formats. Its HTML-5 based content is compatible with mobile devices such as smartphone and tablets, a great tool for printed material to online and offline digital publications
- Comes with a free trial that is upgradable
- Users can work on windows, mac and right on the web without the need of downloading anything
- There is a free PDF converter online version
- Offers versatile publishing options
- Page-turning can be difficult at times
- Templates, background, and interface look outdated
Each digital magazine maker has its own advantages and disadvantages depending on the users needs and requirements. We believe that this software will be of great help to all the publishers, have fun creating your own digital publications.