The Standard Theme is a meticulously crafted and industry standards coded theme by 8Bit for personal and professional blogging. With consistent syntax structure and strict semantic development techniques, it’s a XHTML/CSS valid, load speed optimized, SEO supercharged, and content-focused blogging theme.
The Standard Theme Features
- SEO Optimization – This theme has a proper use of title tags and meta data , it has built-in pagination, breadcrumbs, validated code etc. – all these provides maximum exposure to search engines.
- Admin Options – Intuitive and sleek Admin Panel that enables you to customize nearly everything on the front end.
- Load Speed Optimized – Search engines factor in site load speed in their search results Standard has the page load optimized.
- Advertising Spot Up to 14 advertising slots to give your blog earning potential with a slick roll-over effect to maximize click throughs. Why not get paid for your awesome content?
- No Plugins Required – Amazing features are built-in: Breadcrumbs, Pagination, and more
- Advanced Analytics Integration – Insert Google’s new Asynchronous Tracking Code for the fastest and most effect analytics measurement available. You can also add other 3rd party tracking systems via Admin Panel.
- Page Templates – Four built-in page templates for advanced content presentation: Full width, archives, redirect, and a sitemap for SEO. You shouldn’t need any more than that.
- HTML / CSS Validated – The Standard Theme is 100% XHTML and CSS Valid right out of the box
- Post Thumbnails – Support for Post Thumbnails wordpress feature.
- Advanced Commenting Features – Threaded-comments, Gravatar-enabled, cookie-based auto-population of comment fields make this theme ready community development and conversation
- Localization – Localization support is out-of-the-box. You can also add a new language by using POEdit.
- Community Forums – We have a growing and active community to help you customize and tweak your theme. We provide tutorials, tips, and even free designs for your use. Join us (purchase required).
- full WordPress 3.0 support
- complete overhauled of Administration Panel
- import and export theme settings
- 100% XHTML and CSS validation compatible
- new CSS3 effects (such as drop shadows, rounded borders, etc)
- custom plugins specificly tailored for Standard WordPress Theme
- auto update when new theme versions are out
- If you’ve got a Gravatar, Standard will display it while you’re filling out the comment form.
- You can now select which categories you’d like to include (and exclude) in the navigation.
- If you’re logged in, we’ve added an Edit This to each post and each page.
- Improvements have been made to the visual presentation to the default sidebar widgets.
- In addition to TweetMeme and Facebook, we’ve added a Global Sharer option for sharing with 200-some-odd of the most popular sites and social networks.
- If you’d prefer not to have a header image, then Standard will use the default title and description of your blog.
- The TweetMeme retweeter will now use your Twitter username rather than the default @standardtheme.
- Fix: The allowed HTML for comments message now toggles properly.
- Fix: Improvements have been made to the presentation if no sharers are selected.
- Fix: The Last.fm social URL now works properly.
- Fix: Localization support has been improved.
- Fix: A bug that was preventing the Twitter and Facebook links in the Author Box to toggle has been removed.
- Fix: Standard Theme won’t conflict with any current installations of WP Page Navigation.
- Fix: Several style fixes have been added for IE7.
- First release of The Standard Theme
The Standard Theme ChangeLog
version 2.0 (September 2, 2010)
version 1.1 (April 13, 2009)
version 1.0 (February 28, 2009)
Download 8Bit The Standard WordPress Theme is availabel for only $49!